Twitter

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mini Blog: 5 things I own that you should own.

So many people ask me what my own home looks like. When people hear the title "interior designer", they assume I live in Martha Stewart's guest house. Not to burst your bubbles, but that's not necessarily the case. Dont get me wrong, I'm not living in Buffalo Bill's murder hole from Silence of the Lambs, but my place probably isn't too different from yours.

This week we're keeping it short and sweet. I'm going to share 5 things I actually own that I love, love, love in my home. Feel free to grab these little gems yourselves and add to your own space. Oh, and dont forget the homeboy shrine in the corner.

1.
The Nate Berkus Collection from Target is like, the best thing to hit affordable home decor in a long time. Stylish, tailored accessories float effortlessly between masculine and feminine. I seriously have 10+ pieces from this collection in my house.

2.
The overlapping squares headboard from West Elm. I have had this headboard and bedframe for 5 years and still get compliments on it. OK that sounded bad. Compliments from houseguests. Aesthetically light, but still geometric and interesting. With a headboard like this, you instantly have a feature in your bedroom, so you can put the stripper pole in the storage unit now.

3.
This Bansas area rug from IKEA gives a plush wool look for not a lot of dough. It's varying grey color scheme is also great if you have pets or keep it in a high traffic area because it hides more. Also, the pilling isn't bad at all compared to most rugs.
 
4.
 

Last winter, Target and Neiman Marcus teamed up to produce a capsule collection featuring a number of famous designers and some "affordable"  pieces of home decor and fashion. This tumbler set from designer Altuzarra has become one of my most prized posessions! so chic and kind of 80's. It's a good idea to keep your eye out for capsule collections like these as more and more retailers are trying their hand at this.

5.

 

Last but not least, the Serena lamp from Pier 1 Imports. Simple and elegant, this table lamp plays on the concept of geometry and negative space. What i love about this piece is that you can totally change the lampshade whenever and it becomes a completely different lamp.

These items are in your right at your fingertips and affordable too! Tell the homeboy sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment